Jaw surgery and contouring is performed to enhance Facial balance, optimize function, and achieve the most cosmetic and aesthetic result possible. These procedures have a positive influence on function and enhance quality of life, and are to create some of the most satisfied patients.
Click on the image below to see the animated sequences.
Note that these are actual results. They are not simulations.
Common benefits of orthognathic surgery include improved:
- Smile and dental function (including eating and speech)
- Facial balance and lip closure
- Breathing (while limiting snoring)
In addition to conventional jaw surgery in older children/adults, Dr. Steinbacher is able to elongate one/both jaws in infants/children (jaw distraction), using sophisticated 3-D analysis and planning to achieve effective, accurate, and reproducible results
- To open breathing (treat airway obstruction)
- Allow avoidance or removal of tracheotomy
Diagnoses frequently treated by these techniques
- Treacher Collins
- Pierre Robin
- Bifacial and hemifacial microsomia
- Crouzon, Apert, Pfieffer, Saethre-Chotzen, Muenke